The Director, Physical Production – This role serves as liaison between producers, production
management and multiple operations groups to ensure efficient and effective production.
This position monitors all aspects of production and post-production operations, from prep through wrap, to ensure staff maintains project schedules, budgets, and creative expectations. Develops and documents workflows, facility standards, and production strategies.
- Assist the EVP and SVP Physical Production in developing production schedules/plans/budgets on feature films and series.
- Manage Development APM’s to facilitate and drive their weekly goals and maintain weekly status of all feature development projects.
- Collaborate with the Creative Development group to execute production plans for Projects in Development.
- Work with EVP’s direct Reports on current issues, including reporting structures, data organization, and standard operating procedures including Production and Associate Production Managers
- Help expedite changes in production schedules.
- Coordinate with SPI software development team on any SPA tools in development
- Implement policy and procedures for SPA Productions.
- Help establish and maintain show production tracking reports report collaborating with both Production Finance and show specific Production Management
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years experience budgeting, scheduling and maintaining visual effects/animated projects.
- Experience with outsourcing, including identifying vendor studios.
- Strong working knowledge of Google Docs and production software.
- Must be able to multitask and work effectively under changing priorities and daily time constraints
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Take direction when needed and also take the initiative where applicable.
- Trustworthy with the ability to maintain a high level of discretion.
- Driven, innovative, strategic and solution focused.
- Demonstrated ability to work with creative individuals.
- Ability to communicate in a constructive, proactive manner.