We are seeking a Senior Vice President, Human Resources to lead our CBS Television Stations HR team! This role will be based at either our New York or Los Angeles Broadcast Centers. The SVP, HR, CTS will serve as a strategic HR partner to the Co-Presidents of the CBS News & Stations Group, as well as the Regional Presidents and the General Managers of the 22 CBS owned and operated stations across the US. This person will provide HR leadership and mentorship to an employee population of over 2700. Liaising with the Regional HR VPs, Station HR Managers, and in collaboration with our HR Centers of Excellence, the SVP, HR will provide strategic leadership for all aspects of the human resources function including talent management, organizational efficiency, leadership development, employee relations, compensation and recruiting.
- Provide leadership in the development and execution of human resource strategies that align with and support the overall strategic direction of the organization
- Contribute to the business strategy by helping client group leaders identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures, and processes
- Support managers in forecasting and planning their talent pipeline requirements in line with the function or business strategy
- Review key business performance targets and their related talent implications with business leaders
- Assist business unit leaders in providing top talent employees with development opportunities that align with current and future performance standards.
- Identify and support cultural growth and change initiatives.
- Provide resources, leadership and counsel regarding diversity and inclusion in collaboration with the ViacomCBS Office of Global Inclusion.
- Lead HR team that will support business strategies and manage day-to-day HR responsibilities (employee relations, org re-structures, partner with training & recruitment, etc.)
- Develop, manage and mentor HR team to achieve highest level of client group support.
- Provide expert advice and coaching to leaders and employees when appropriate
- Ensure HR is a trusted resource for all levels of the organization.
- Understand and solicit employee opinions and anticipate their needs and concerns
- 12+ years of HR or relevant HR Business Partner Management experience
- 5+ years of proven experience managing/leading HR teams
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Clear, comprehensive understanding of the link between talent and other HR initiatives and business strategy
- Ability to identify new ways for HR to support the business strategy
- Ability to collect and synthesize large quantities of quantitative and qualitative data
- Ability to recognize trends and develop recommendations based on data analysis
- Ability to engage, inspire, and influence people
- Effective teammate and networker
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
- Significant knowledge of HR policies, processes (e.g., workforce planning and talent management), and talent management practices
- Ideal candidate has broadcast media experience
- Providing business value to the enterprise and to leaders and their orgs through the HR Business Partner function
- Building credibility and trust across a diverse range of client groups
- Excellent manager of HR business partners including attracting, developing and retaining staff
- Building loyalty and trust among clients, peers, partners, and direct reports
- Rolling up your sleeves to get things done and the next moment being part of deeply complex strategy discussions
- Phenomenal communication skills and understand how to communicate large complex change
- Experience in transformational change
- Leading and partnering on DE&I strategies and change
- Influencing top business leaders using multiple influence strategies
- Delivering strategies and tactics in a fast-paced environment