Work hours: 2pm-10pm-PST***
Typical day-to-day functions for this role to include:
- Supervise the online editing and audio sweetening of promos produced by the writer/producers and assigned by the Director of Production. This includes directing the activity of online Avid editors, audio mixers, and voice-over talent.
- Lead and QC (quality control) the production of media files for final air. Interpret instructions provided by writer/producers and creative directors as part of the process of finishing production of marketing content.
- Confer with operations and support services personnel to coordinate unit activities with other departments.
- Edit scripts for continuity and accuracy. Order graphics and supply music information as required to ensure completion of promos.
- Bachelor's Degree with a major in Television or Film production (from four-year college or university or two to five years related experience (e.g., SVOD, a television network, network affiliate, major film studio, production company or advertising agency) and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Supervising production personnel and scheduling production facilities is critical. Proven technical background in post-production is Key!
- Must have thorough knowledge of editing, audio pre-lay and mixing, media file formats, animated graphics, and miscellaneous equipment used in typical day-to-day post-production. Understanding of file-based post-production workflows is required.
- Mac and Windows operating systems, spreadsheets, database systems, and general word processing.
- Additional requisite skills include: well organized and detailed person with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be even-keeled and work in a space of tight deadlines and simultaneously managing all on-air scheduling.
- Flexible with work hours as needed is key!