Being on the Tech Ops team supporting the Netflix Animation Studio means more than being a technology expert. It also means being passionate about service to others and animation.
We are a group of smart, kind, motivated, and customer-centric individuals, and we are looking for the next addition to our team that embodies those characteristics. In this role as a Tech Ops Specialist, you will provide exceptional service to the talent based out of Netflix Animation Studios in Los Angeles.
What you will be doing
- You will provide onsite technical support for the Netflix Animation Studio. You will develop strong working relationships with our end-user population and partners to ensure a high level of support is maintained and continuously improve the support experience.
- You will troubleshoot different operating systems (macOS, ChromeOS, Windows), hardware (Mac and PC workstations), and peripherals (Cintiqs and Monitors).
- You will troubleshoot various technical issues across multiple Animation’s Digital Content Creation Apps (Harmony, Storyboard Pro, Flix, Maya, Zbrush, Substance Suite, Houdini, etc.)
- You will support cloud and SaaS applications, including G Suite for Enterprise, Office 365, and Adobe CC (managing user and group accounts, permissions, and SSO), and Slack.
- You will provide Video Conferencing troubleshooting, including Google Hangouts, Google Meet, Chromebox for Meetings, and Zoom.
- You will work closely with our technical partner teams to deliver technical solutions and infrastructure needs (Infrastructure and Network Engineering, A/V, Tech Deployment, and more)
- You will work closely with our Animation remote support team(NPS) to troubleshoot and document pipeline-related issues and escalate them to Netflix's product and engineering teams.
- You will work closely with non-technical partner teams (Human Resources, Employee Services, and more) to align on how technical and non-technical solutions impact the Netflix Animation user experience.
- Experience providing industry-leading technical support and customer service
- A minimum of 3 years of IT or Desktop Support/System Administration in a production environment in Animation or VFX.
- Familiarity supporting Animation’s Digital Content Creation Apps(Harmony, Storyboard Pro, Flix, Maya, Zbrush, Substance Suite, Houdini, etc.)
- Experience supporting Cloud and SaaS Applications and SSO: G-Suite including Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Sites, Groups, and AWS.
- Familiarity with fundamental storage and networking/distributed computing environment concepts; local and network-based user and group accounts and permissions.
- In-depth knowledge of and the ability to perform advanced troubleshooting on Mac OS, Windows 7,8 & 10, (Linux is a plus)
- Strong ability to dive into the unknown and create clarity amid chaos.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision; must be a self-motivated self-starter that can initiate ideas.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and with minimal guidance.
- Ability to think strategically in a technical and business context
- Thrives on technical challenges and takes pride in solving them
- Flexible amid an ever-changing and growing environment.
- Familiarity with troubleshooting microservices technology is a plus.