The Paramount+ team is seeking a Manager of Events. Under the leadership of the Director of Events, the Manager of Events will help to define and execute the Paramount+ events and special projects strategy.
The Manager will work collaboratively with the Paramount+ Publicity team, ViacomCBS brand groups and other internal teams to develop events, mailers, and special projects for upcoming and current Paramount+ series and films. The scope of work includes a wide range of responsibilities encompassing project ideation, development, execution and close-out. Come join the team!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ideate with the Director of Events and the publicity team to develop event and mailer campaigns supporting series and films.
- Manage the execution of multiple types of events, including traditional in-person, drive-in, hybrid, virtual, junket, panel presentation, convention, and internal events.
- Communicate and apply feedback from key contacts both within the ViacomCBS family and from external production partners.
- Manage the creative development and execution of press mailers and special gifting projects, crafted to serve a variety of demographics.
- Build and maintain all project tracking documents such as budgets, workback schedules, run of show, talent & executive communications, inventories, invite and attendee lists, COVID safety documents, etc.
- Work with marketing and EICs to handle creative assets and develop event materials that reinforce the overall strategy and brand objectives.
- Manage all vendors hired, and facilitate their contract and payments with legal and accounting.
- Oversee vendor production details including creative development, permitting, fabrication, engineering, staging, security, live broadcast technology, projection, internet, catering, lighting, audio, entertainment, transportation, staffing, graphics, premiums, guest communication, seating plans, rentals, flooring, decor, photo capture, and travel or hotel accommodations.
- Lead invitation and RSVP process for events and draft guest communication.
- Assist on content creation with the internal Paramount+ video team.
- Liaise with the content security team on deliverables and anti-piracy measures.
- Work with ViacomCBS Covid-19 compliance team to determine safety plans.
- Attend and lead all aspects of events onsite when applicable
- Keep abreast of industry trends, continually maintaining a robust network of vendors, venues, and event production firms.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5-7 years in event management and event production is required, preferably with television or entertainment industry
- Have an established network of venues, vendors, and event industry contacts in Los Angeles and New York
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Some weekend and after-hours work required depending on project dates
- Experiential marketing event agency experience preferred
- Impeccable oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated creativity and out-of-the-box thinking
- Passion for developing events and experiences to a variety of demographics
- Self-starting work ethic, attention to detail and thorough organizational skills
- Ability to anticipate the needs of each project and see projects through in their entirety
- Team-oriented, collaborative, and flexible to work with various business groups across the company
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Refined taste level and premium standard of production
Job ID: 7184