Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the World through incredible characters like Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Captain Marvel, and Black Panther. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre by building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our characters, worlds and stories.
Marvel Studios Animation is hiring.
This is an IATSE 700 position covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
We are looking for a 2nd Assistant Editor who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define Marvel Studios. The 2nd Assistant Editor is responsible for assisting with editorial workload from pre-production through post production, supporting the Editorial team on an Animated Series Production.
- Have a good working knowledge of all editorial pipeline and EDI tools (digital tools)
- Import and prep dialogue recordings for editors
- Maintain the in-house editorial database tracking cut lengths according to show status
- Support post production tracking
- Output movie files specified by production for various use. For example OAP, ADR, events
- Transcoding for vendor or client delivery
- Collaborate and assist the editors with temp sound builds in preparation for milestone exports and screenings
- Turnover milestone edits to various departments
- Import story, animation and lighting. Troubleshoot I/O issues
- Support post localization requests
- Back-up recording temp dialogue when required
- Maintain show project within Avid
- General editorial show support
- Bachelor’s Degree in Film or related field desired, or equivalent experience
- Any production or post-production media acquisitions experience (e.g., timecode, logging, capturing)
- 2 year experience in a TV/Feature Editorial Capacity
- Avid Media Composer experience
- Strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines while working under tight schedules
- Strong team player with good inter-personal and communication skills
- Avid Nexis Client Manager (ISIS) software & hardware or equivalent storage knowledge
- After Effects, Photoshop, Filemaker Pro or database experience a plus
Job ID 877720BR