Post Production Coordinator (UK)
Reporting to the Director, Post Production for Searchlight Pictures, the Post Production Coordinator creates and maintains show files; creates post production schedules on each film; edits and updates schedules and calendars, and generates and issues editorial P.O’s. throughout production and post. Additionally this role assists with the set up of Editorial rooms, coordinates movement of negatives from labs to VFX houses, prepares and reviews post related end credits, and notifies technical staff of previews and screening requirements.
This role is also a critical support to the executive for general office duties.
- Supports Director, Post Production by answering and screening phone calls, scheduling appointments, and managing contacts.
- Manages executive travel and expense reports.
- Creates and schedules conference calls with production and studio personnel through various stages of production.
- Develops potential editors lists for shows in pre-production.
- Conduct research and maintain a database for key positions within production crews. Work actively with various sources to identify up and coming talent.
- Acts as the day-to-day liaison/first point of contact for Editorial and Post on all shows.
- Locates, engages and sets up Editorial offices for each show.
- Solicits avid rental bids.
- Works with production crew to arrange shipments for editorial in distant locations.
- Creates and manages purchase orders.
- Schedules, organizes, and sets up executive and preview screenings (booking security, projection engineering, entering into our global screening system, etc.).
- Facilitates delivery of features including QC and approving masters.
- Works with the studio distribution team to make sure their needs are met to ensure a timely release.
- Working knowledge of post-production operations.
- Familiarity with Physical Production or previous Studio production experience helpful.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and organize multiple projects, with excellent follow through.
- Strong communication skills, with an ability to interface with 3rd party vendors, internal executives and staff in a collaborative and problem-solving fashion.
- A strong customer service orientation with ability to anticipate and resolve routine questions or issues while still keeping senior executive aware of project status. Confidence to take initiative and research information, as needed.
- Knowledge of purchase orders and expense reports.
- Ability to work some flexible hours depending on workflow demands.
Job ID 795669BR