The VP, Drama Development will report to and work with the EVP of Drama Development to develop new broadcast, cable and streaming series for Universal Television Studio.
- Field pitches, identify trends, and help establish the strategic development goals for the Drama department
- Develop new and current programming, including identifying and securing new talent for projects in development
- Identify new business opportunities, pursuing potential deals where appropriate
- Identify and pursue IP opportunities across all media
- Find, develop and pitch new material to senior management
- Provide notes on stories, outlines scripts and cuts for projects in development
- Identify new writers with the potential for future development
- Work with Business Affairs to close talent and production deals
- Work with UTV Production, Executive Producers and network/streaming outlet to ensure concepts are fully realized in production.
- Supervise the production of multiple pilots/series
- Work with Executive Producers and UTV Production to solve budget issues.
- Build and maintain relationships with executives, producers, directors, and production companies
- Serve as liaison between production and other network departments including publicity, marketing, finance, etc.
- Minimum 10 years of narrative scripted series experience in development.
- Experience with pitching, presenting, and selling content.
- Experience with high end content and large budgets.
- Extensive production experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
- Willingness to work overtime and on weekends with short notice
- Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
- Must have work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Creative and passionate
- Innovative and entrepreneurial
- Experience in television development and production
- Strong relationships with Agents, Managers, writers and producers
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative, and high energy environment
- Team player who works well with others
- Knowledge of basic web technology
- Leadership and mentoring skills
- Experience in evaluating incoming pitches as well as developing pitches to take to market.
Job ID: 65212BR