The position is based at Warner Bros. De Lane Lea, which provides sound and picture post production as well as Dailies services for feature films and television. WBDLL’s comprehensive facilities include sound Re-Recording and ADR stages, Grading Theatres, Preview Theatres and a full complement of highly-equipped supporting departments in addition to cutting rooms and a bar/café based in the heart of Soho and at Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden.
The Post Producer is responsible for managing high-profile productions throughout the facility. Being the conduit for all communication and bringing together specialists and talent from other departments to deliver both feature films and high-end Drama to the highest standard.
The candidate will have excellent technical knowledge of both production and post production workflows and in-depth understanding of delivery standards and procedures. The Post Producer will have excellent communication and client handling skills with a drive to deliver an exemplary level of service. This role is the main point of contact for our client and must be polite, articulate, prompt with communication, calm, professional and proactive with problem-solving.
The Post Producer needs to be meticulous with recording information, with an eye for detail to ensure our facility resources are well utilized whilst ensuring our client billing is accurate. The ideal candidate would be someone with an already established profile within the post production industry as a reliable and successful Post Producer who is looking to ensure our facility is forward thinking, innovative and an industry leader in post production.
- Project manage feature films and episodic television. Develop a full overview of the entire production pipeline, understanding these areas and utilising specialist team members to execute the work required.
- Contribute to an effective project management team that is fully integrated and highly collaborative with artists, operations and technical services.
- Understand and manage all requirements around deliverables, co-ordinate workflow solutions and generate effective but flexible schedules and provide detailed cost and billing analysis for each production.
- Drive and motivate a team of artists in day-to-day operations to deliver results.
- Build and maintain sustaining relationships with clients at all levels and actively assist in the sales process, winning repeat business and taking part in any resolution of issues. Set expectations for and deliver exemplary Client Experience throughout the building and the business.
- A key contributor to the quoting process whilst being accountable for project profitability through timely billing activities and full post production resource utilisation.
- Communicate, document and maintain processes and procedures aligned to workflow and business process along with the occasional business / project plans aligned to business strategies.
- Contribute to the bidding process while being accountable for project profitability through timely billing and full and efficient resource utilization. Articulate, document and maintain processes and procedures aligned to workflow and business process.
- Proven experience working in a Post Production environment, detailed knowledge of DI, audio, mastering and deliverables.
- A track record as a Post Producer / Post Production Manager on Studio Level Features and high-end Drama.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of feature film and Drama Post Production processes and industry-standard deliverables.
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with clients at all levels. This includes superb client-handling skills, along with experience in generating new business from existing and new clients.
- In general, strong communication and organizational skills, ability to work on own initiative and proactively handle day-to-day client services issues, escalating and resolving these where appropriate
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; ability to interface with talent and clients regularly and maintain excellent working relationships.
- Willingness to work long and irregular hours
- A logical and fast approach to problem solving
- Resilient, tenacious, flexible, diplomatic, committed with a willingness to get involved.
- Familiarity with Conditions of Service, Contract of Employment, Health and Safety and their impact on staff.
Job ID: R000046105