Director – Talent and Music International
Maternity Cover – 12m
Leading team member in the international talent and music team.
Responsible for assigned label relations, Warner Music Group & Sony Music and their artists linear and digital music marketing promotions.
Responsible for key event planning including working with heads of departments on event logistics. Handling and bookings of in-house and out of house non music celebrity talent.
What will you be doing?
- Label relations – lead contact with the International Sony Music Group and WMG record labels to develop marketing initiatives to secure / promote talent for MTV properties and events.
- Keeping track of labels priority artists, releases and video delivery and ensuring accurate release info updates are shared with the team
- Working to secure video premieres, exclusive artist content and contributing to ideas to develop and re-develop content strands.
- Events – Leading on tentpole event planning, logistics with internal and external partners.
- Celebrity Talent – managing relationships with non-music celebrity talent, through bookings for key events and award shows. Including securing in-house non music talent. Responsible for budget handling of this area.
- Sponsorship – working closely with the Velocity team on any new music and brand activations and ideas.
- Key supporting role for the other Director and wider team
What are we looking for?
- Excellent leadership skills with proven experience in a Director or similar role
- Evidence of strong relationships within the music industry and a track record of pitching and closing talent bookings
- Experience in dealing with multi-faceted marketing campaigns, working under pressure and delivering to a high standard.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to manage executive-level relationships within a global organisation
- An understanding of culture, how its nurtured and evolves
- A working knowledge of the music industry and promotional platforms internationally
- A creative and inquisitive mind – always wanting to learn and develop self and others
- Experience getting things done in dynamic environments and a track record of building and inspiring a team.
- A self starter who thrives on supporting others and making the business successful.
- Problem solving skills & common sense crucial.
- Initiative, diplomacy, confidentiality, discretion.Director – Talent and Music International
Job ID: 7710