As a VP, Publicity Awards, you will establish and execute year-round awards / guild strategy for Walt Disney Studios (Disney Live Action, 20th, Marvel, Lucas, WDAS and Pixar) Awards and EMMY campaigns for select Disney+ titles. The role reports into the Executive Vice President, Global Publicity.
- Develop and execute awards campaign strategy for Walt Disney Studios (Disney Live Action, 20th, Marvel, Lucas, WDAS and Pixar) including EMMY campaigns for select Disney+ titles. This includes management of consultants, strategy, FYC mailings and events, and outreach to all awards organizations.
- Work with PR Team and Consultants to ensure press campaign strategy aligns with award campaign strategy.
- Liaison with leaders at TV & Film Academy, guilds and other awards organizations.
- Handle all required AMPAS and guild submissions for awards.
- Plan AMPAS and guild screening programs and Q&A opportunities – streaming or live.
- Serve as studio liaison with the following groups for all awards-related business including, but not limited to: ANNIES, AMPAS, AFI, BAFTA, BFCA, DGA, HFPA, NAACP, PGA, Publicists Guild, SAG and WGA
- Liaison with Disney executives/management (which includes Pixar, Marvel, WDAS, Lucas, 20th Century, Disney+) and outside consultants to keep them updated on key awards season details and dates
- Oversee and manage annual awards budget.
- Maintain current budgets/spends for consultants/third party vendors, ad purchases (trade, TV digital), creative costs and screenings to ensure budgets are adhered to and that regular updates are provided to Michelle Sewell, finance, etc.
- Facilitate talent participation in award ceremonies and industry events, working directly with the PR Title Team assigned to specific campaigns.
- Establish aesthetic, branding and awareness goals for FYC campaigns through collaboration with marketing executives and filmmakers.
- Oversee budget and creative execution for all online awards ads across all titles and collaborate with Disney Media and Digital Teams to curate media plans for all awards campaigns.
- Create strategy for print/trade ad media buy and work with outlet sales reps to confirm ad buys. In tandem with Disney’s media team and agency OMG, recommend ad buy strategy/timing for digital, radio and outdoor media. Consult on ad designs.
- As part of the BTL campaign outreach, collaborate with BTL artists and PR Team to ensure representative clips, reels and unit photography for award submission and promotion are delivered in a timely manner.
- Work with Consultants and Team Writer to ensure materials (loglines, synopses) are aligned to award submission and promotion.
- Research and archive award statistics and supplemental materials, including competitive assessment.
- Manage awards staff, external consultants and agencies and lead weekly team meetings.
- Create agendas for the weekly animation and live action awards campaign meetings.
- Create awards campaign overall presentations/decks for filmmaker and executive sign-off.
- Regularly update awards season calendars/timelines for the various films and circulate to appropriate team members on a weekly basis.
- Primary contact for Technicolor/tech services.
- Coordinate tables and ticketing for all award-related ceremonies.
- Oversee planning and execution for select film/talent tastemaker screenings/receptions.
- Manage content population and screening outreach to guilds with DEBUT studio operations team, including platform for assets, access and code management.
- 10+ years of awards experience and knowledge of public relations.
- Ability to be creative, strategic and inventive as well as extremely detail oriented, deadline driven with an ability to multitask.
- Strong awards industry relationships with extensive media and key industry contacts
- Skill in advertising campaigns, event planning, talent relations and writing/editing.
- Proven leader, decision-maker and problem solver.
- Strong management skills required with experience supervising staff, ability to delegate work and communicate clearly and provide guidance to employees.
- Results-driven, strategic and analytical problem solver.
- Experience running a detailed budget across awards initiatives.
Job ID 787596BR