Amazon Studios is seeking an experienced and detailed-oriented Senior Research Manager to support the IMDb TV Content and Programming team both in the US and internationally. You will help the team build on its early success, helping define the next generation of how and what Amazon & IMDb TV customers are watching. Using your experience skills in both quantitative and qualitative market research and direct project management, you will be tasked with owning large-scale research projects from start to completion that dive deep into our Customer behaviors and content preferences.
The Senior Research Manager for IMDb TV will be tasked with overseeing all performance reporting on IMDb TV original and licensed content using first party and third party tools in both the US and international markets. The Senior Research Manager will design and produce a number of regular (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly etc.) reports and be expected to deliver ad-hoc insights for key internal stakeholders such as the Originals, Strategy, Acquisition, Sales, and international distribution teams.
Key job responsibilities
- Produce comprehensive and insightful reports based on first party viewing and engagement data
- Dive-deep into customers' behavioral and psychographic profiles (including audience segmentation)
- Write and verbalize results from studies and analyses to upper management.
- Support strategic research using primary, secondary, and syndicated data sources
- Translate complex data sets into clear and compelling written narratives
- Develop standardized and refillable reporting mechanisms for US and international internal stakeholders.
- Manage and aggregate data from multiple internal and externals sources to present customer insights and overall value of a piece of content
- Analyze customer and content results to drive improvements in content strategy.
- Understand the individual needs of various internal stakeholders in order to streamline the reporting and data sharing with each group.
- 6+ years of professional non-internship marketing experience
- Experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional marketing programs
- Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
- Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
- Experience presenting metrics and progress to goal to senior leadership
- 7+ years of professional experience in the market research field
- MS in Statistics, Applied Math, Economics, Engineering or related quantitative field or equivalent work experience in lieu of a degree
- Strong presentation skills (written + verbal)
- Experienced in statistical and predictive analytics
- Experience using Tableau
- Past work in international (non-US) market research (preferably in entertainment industry)
- Ability to manage and own large data files
- Familiarity with US video programs ( shows and Movies) and talent (actress/actor/comedian, etc.)
- Combination of deep technical skills and business savvy enough to interface with all levels and disciplines within Amazon Studios
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively across internal teams
- Creative thinker who is not satisfied maintaining the status quo
Job ID: 180655