We are currently seeking an experienced Research Manager to lead customer-focused primary research projects in the US focused on Amazon Original Series. This role will allow you to leverage your experience in content research, episode testing, and project management. You will also work closely with Data Science, Development, Production, Marketing and Finance teams, always making sure to represent the voice of our customers. You will collaborate closely with the remote consumer insights team members and continuously understand customer behavior and trends in the US and abroad. This role will also involve you working with Amazon Country counterparts as well as 3rd party vendors to insure successful execution of research projects (domestic and global).
Key job responsibilities
- Set research goals, objectives, write surveys, create strong sampling and weighting schemes, analyze results, and present recommendations to leadership and creative executives.
- Translate complex data sets into a clear and compelling written narrative.
- Accurately represent, and advocate for, the Prime Video customer in all analysis and meetings.
- Manage title-level research and support larger strategic research initiatives (such as genre deep dives, audience segmentations, and trends).
- Work closely on high profile series that require extra security protocols when testing.
- Innovate on and simplify existing procedures
- Connect the dots between different data sources (including behavioral metrics) and different parts of the overall Amazon business.
- Mentor Research Analysts.
- 4+ years of professional non-internship marketing experience
- Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
- Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
- 5+ years in the market research field
- Experience leading primary research studies across various methodologies: online quant surveys, focus groups, 1:1, ethnographies, online qual, mobile
- Experience leading different types of viewer studies such as episode testing, dial testing, concept testing, post mortem analyses
- Third party vendor/research partner management experience
- Experience on the research vendor side or within the research group of a media / entertainment company
- Experience with various statistical techniques (regression analysis, coefficient correlation)
- Experience working with panels, Tableau, SPSS is a plus
- Experience working with various audience groups (such as Kids & Family) and/or content categories (e.g. Drama, Comedy, etc.) is a plus
Job ID: 1808511