Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures is seeking a Vice President, Publicity, based in Burbank, California.
Reporting directly to the Executive Vice President, Publicity, Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, you will oversee and partner with a team of PR professionals in helping to shape the Studio’s PR campaigns. You will be responsible for ensuring the integration and consistency of all PR messaging on each film title, and will ultimately be responsible for enhancing the Studio’s brand and reputation globally thru the promotion of its theatrical film product.
- Lead and manage a team of global publicists to develop and execute a robust campaign strategy for theatrical and streaming projects, with full accountability.
- Communicate business-critical directives based on that strategy to broader internal global PR and marketing teams.
- Liaise with filmmakers, talent, and their representatives on studio titles to maximize strategic participation and messaging for press coverage (interviews, taped synergy greetings etc.).
- Guide and motivate team, including oversight on photo, electronic and written materials on campaigns on select titles, including managing approval status.
- Maintain weekly calendars and reports on select titles.
- Update executives on a daily basis on the status of campaigns.
- Supervise and guide pitching strategies for brand team publicists on projects.
- Oversee all press tours for talent, filmmakers, and below the line both virtual and in person.
- Drive strategy for Multicultural and Field Publicity on premieres, special screenings, junkets, and other events.
- Develop and oversee screening campaigns.
- Anticipate and strategically respond to potential challenges facing PR campaigns; identify and leverage all opportunities.
- Oversee awards campaigns for the Oscars, Golden Globes, Emmys, BAFTAs, and Guilds, etc in conjunction with Awards Team.
- Coordinate coverage of premieres, tastemaker screenings, stunts and events.
- Create and manage global PR budgets maximizing ROI.
- BA/BS required.
- 5+ years of result-oriented PR experience with an entertainment company.
- 2+ years leading a PR department.
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills.
- Capable of conveying enthusiasm.
- Strong network of creative talent and press relations within the entertainment industry.
- Strategic skills.
- Creative thinker and innovator.
- Proven leadership skills.
- High level of drive.
Job ID 866976BR