This position is responsible for helping develop and implement various communications strategies to support the company’s business and branding goals. Working day-to-day with a VP and two publicists, and in coordination with the rest of the PR team in New York, Los Angeles and Maryland, this position is responsible for increasing brand awareness and driving tune-in through the creation of comprehensive communications strategies and strategic promotions and partnerships designed to reach key external audiences, including media, viewers/fans, influencers, clients and the television community.
The position will be based in New York or Los Angeles and is responsible for the day-to-day execution of specific scripted and unscripted series consumer press campaigns, creating and driving special projects, including events and panels, and helping manage outside partners, agencies, unit publicists and consultants.
The position will also work in close collaboration with several other departments, including:
- Talent Relations, Awards and Special Events teams: supporting and collaborating with teams to ensure alignment and coordinated efforts.
- Marketing, social and brand activation teams: helping develop strategic communications plans to reinforce branding and marketing messages to consumers; develop direct-to-consumer and fan engagement opportunities, including the creation of custom content and assets, special events, stunts, etc.
- Corporate Communications team: helping provide a strategic focus for all external messaging and ensure long-term coordination.
- Vice Presidents of Public Relations, AMC Networks
- 2 Publicists
OPERATIONAL ACTIVITIES OF THIS POSITION
- Plan and develop campaign strategies, daily execution of press strategies/rollouts, meeting deadlines, etc. working closely with VP.
- Manage and coordinate communication with series cast (and their reps) regarding campaign beats, key dates, interview requests, etc.
- Supervise all aspects of assigned special events, including press stunts, premieres, screenings, press junkets, media tours, etc. Responsible for supervision of all aspects of event coordination and for resulting media coverage
- Oversee delivery of all assets necessary for press appearances including key art, episodic clips, unit photos, etc.
- Pitch media; follow up; plan and coordinate publicity appearances and interviews with talent.
- Schedule and staff interviews with cast and crew; as well as showrunners as needed.
- Plan, coordinate and staff set visits as needed.
- Draft various press materials, including releases and talking points.
- Ensure that campaign elements/rollouts are being communicated internally to key departments.
- Participate in media training for showrunners and cast
- Select and pull series clips for media placement
- Share press coverage with key parties
- Co-manage publicists:
- Oversee professional development, including regular check-ins on workload, career growth and goal-setting, etc.
- 8+ years of experience in television/entertainment/media public relations and/or corporate communications
- Extensive television background and knowledge of the industry, with a strong interest in genre programming
- Strong understanding of traditional media and knowledge of key members of the press
- Strong understanding, knowledge of and experience with non-traditional, direct-to-consumer outreach
- General understanding of entertainment industry and celebrities, influencers, etc.
- Strategic thinking with creative problem-solving skills
- Strong managerial skills; ability to delegate and motivate people - both direct and non-direct reports
- Collaborative leadership style across departments and functions
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed environment
- Self-starter, who is highly organized and a clear communicator
- Strong competitive drive
- Ability to interface effectively with senior executives and staff at all levels
- Ability to develop working relationships with professionals in the TV industry
Job ID: R-2826