ViacomCBS is seeking a Social Media Manager to join its corporate marketing team.
The primary focus of this position will be to create and manage social media content for ViacomCBS. This role is a key member of the content team, which supports the marketing and communications goals of ViacomCBS and is responsible for the content across ViacomCBS’ corporate website, Newsroom, and social media channels.
The right candidate will effectively develop ViacomCBS’ social channels to raise awareness of our portfolio (which includes studio and network brands like CBS, MTV, Nickelodeon, BET, plus streaming services like Paramount+ and Pluto TV) to cement our positioning among key trade audiences and highlight our unique differentiators and culture to key B2B and employee audiences. The ideal candidate is creative, forward-thinking, and team-minded!
This role will work closely with the Director of Social Strategy to execute a comprehensive social media strategy—leading copy and messaging development, publishing, and community management. A successful candidate will be able to balance responsibilities across content, strategy, and operations.
- Ideate and develop social content that’s tailored to target audiences
- Own organic and paid social copywriting for corporate social channels, exemplifying and enhancing the social voice
- Work closely with creative leads to develop engaging social assets
- Partner with content team to brainstorm and create multi-platform stories rooted in strategy and executed with imagination that engages our audiences and drives traffic to our intended targets
- Lead and manage on-the-ground social media efforts at major ViacomCBS and industry events
- Maintain relationship with social media platform partners and stay up-to-date on new tools and products
- Monitor social media trends to inform social content and strategy
- Enhance and improve current social media strategy
- Use data and analytics in order to enhance understanding of social communities, and recommend actions to increase content performance
- Maintain social content calendar for all platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook)
- Own scheduling of all posts across all platforms
- Support community management with a strong understanding of how and when to engage
- Route content for approval from internal partners
- Help to act as liaison between external agency and content team
- Manage Content Coordinator, who is a dual report between the Social Media Manager and the Content Manager
- 3+ years of social experience, including social copywriting, at a global brand
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Deep and thorough knowledge of social platforms (especially LinkedIn and Twitter) – for both paid and organic
- B2B experience preferred
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Passion and intellectual curiosity around emerging technologies, social trends and content marketing
- Able to develop and maintain relationships and work across cross-functional teams
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Proficient using project management, analytics, and social posting tools such as Google Analytics, Airtable, and Sprinklr.
Job ID: 7071