This position is responsible for coordinating, supporting, and assisting Vice President of Sales & Operation, and Sr. Sales Managers on sales pre and post activities for both internal and external events. Candidate must be detailed-oriented contributing to the achievement of sales targets by supporting sales representatives, coordinating sales activities, conducting site tours, and maintaining good customer relationships. The sales coordinator's responsibilities include coordinating availability with internal event partners, handle all sales administrative duties, and respond to client requests in a timely manner.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Full understanding of quote and contract processes
- Field calls for Vice President and Sales Manager(s)
- Follow-up on callbacks & Request for Information (RFI’s)
- Maintain a working relationship with all internal & external clients
- Ability to multi-task and shift in a fast-paced environment, and meet deadlines
- Coordinates site visits, meetings, and off-site appointments
- Strong knowledge of venues and vendor offerings to promote with client while on site tour
- Anticipate and fully comprehend the complex needs of our diverse clientele and their respective market
- Ability to assist clients with questions regarding contracts, pricing, photos/specs, and prepare Power Points.
- Ability to prepare proposals in the absence of management
- Work efficiently with respective venue for space availability, while accurately updating Sales Calendar(s) accordingly
- Liaises with event staff, accounting, finance and other departments as necessary
- Possess strong communication skills, and the ability to present event ideas and plans to client and vendors. Maintain sales records, share file(s), and provide financial information to Finance at direction of supervisor(s)
- Current knowledge of industry trends, and event regulations
- Minimum 2+ years experience in an administrative role.
- 3+ years customer service, guest relations, concierge
- 3+ years sales environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience handling sales administration, contracts & pricing
- Special Events background in coordinating, including client relations
- Strong computer proficiency – Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point and Customer Management programs
- Detail oriented, strong multi-tasking abilities
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
Job ID: 7800