As a production assistant, you will work directly with the Executive Producer and Senior Producers to assist in the production of a live, 30-minute, nightly broadcast.
- Assist with production at shoots (coordinate, organize and provide editorial guidance)
- Assist producers with gathering elements, file video and imagery for news-of-day and feature spots
- Learn Avid and develop desk edit skills to cut VO’s and Teases for broadcast
- Assist Digital team with desk editing digital cuts
- Learn production assistant skills in the control room and studio during the broadcast
- Pitch, research and develop stories for Nightly News broadcasts
- Predict and fulfill additional needs to Executive Producer and Nightly News Rim
- Arrange travel for multiple people on short notice for breaking news situations
- Willingness and availability to work additional hours, at short notice as needed, for breaking news to help update the broadcast
- Must have at least 1 year news production experience at the network level, preferably with an evening news broadcast
- Must be able to shoot and expected to edit on desktop
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, iNews, and major social media platforms
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
- Must be able to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift with little or no notice if needed.
- Must be willing to work in NYC.
- Ability to shoot digital video and/or still photography
- Strong journalistic writing skills, research skills, and editorial judgment
- Strong story telling ability
- Knowledge of non-linear editing systems including Avid
- Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in news and current events
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
- Knowledge of NBC News Policies and Guidelines and Practices.
Job ID: 66017BR