Editor – MTV Music
The MTV Music Production Editor is responsible for cutting a variety of different music shows for MTV’s 5 Music Channels; MTV Music, Hits, Base, Classic & HD Live. The work primarily cuts on AVID but premier is an option for less time sensitive projects. Working closely with another editor this role will be responsible for cutting half of the weekly UK Official Chart show every Friday. Ideal candidates will be able to bring creative ideas to the table whilst following creative direction set by producers.
What will you be doing?
• Editor servicing the internal workload of MTV Music Production.
• Cutting quick turn around programmes within the day.
• Assist production team in edit advice.
• Experimenting with shots and working with directors in shoot prep.
• Working closely with producers and responding to notes.
• Embrace the ‘One ViacomCBS’ approach and encourage collaboration and team working
• Be an ambassador for all VCNI channels, internally and externally
• Adopt and promote the ViacomCBS values and support a culture of inclusion
What are we looking for?
• Experience editing quickly.
• Experience cutting exciting & ‘punchy’ music montages.
• A knowledge of popular music.
• Knowledge and experience of AVID.
• Friendly and positive attitude.
• Adobe Premier experience a plus.
• After Effects experience a plus but not vital.
• Prepping sequences for delivery.
Job ID: 6770