The CBS News communications team seeks a top-tier communications strategist and media relations professional to continue to keep the profile of 60 Minutes strong in the public domain. The Director of Communications, 60 Minutes, will maintain the vaunted and respected profile of 60 Minutes, the #1 news show on television, 60 Minutes+, its streaming version of the venerable Sunday newsmagazine on Paramount+, and its digital extension, 60 Minutes Overtime.
The ideal candidate will plan and implement original communications strategies that span multiple platforms and continue to build upon the legacy of America’s most successful news magazine. The Director must also prioritize communicating ratings and editorial success, as well as publicize the talent, journalists, and executives behind the franchise in consumer and trade press and on social media. The Director, Communications will demonstrate a savviness and appreciation for quality journalism and be experienced, innovative and creative in their approach to communications.
Come join our team!
- Expand and amplify the public image of the most successful news program in television history, its correspondents, and staff.
- Handle and respond to incoming press inquiries about the program, encouraging relationships with external members of press, and leading events and awards.
- Engage in daring pitching of executives, talent and editorial across the 60 Minutes franchise.
- Extensive writing responsibilities including press releases, listings, briefing memos, staff announcements, obituaries, and social media assets.
- Liaise between 60 Minutes and other CBS News platforms and programs to coordinate strategic visibility efforts, including roll-outs of major interviews and strategic editorial and business priorities.
- Actively pitching editorial, breaking news, ratings achievements and finding new narratives that amplify and promote 60 Minutes.
- Work closely with social media and digital teams for weekly promotion of 60 Minutes content, and handling all content for the brands across the CBS News Communications’ channels.
- Compile and share press clips generated across the brand with constituencies including executives, talent, and communications department colleagues.
- Comfortable collaborating with executive producers, talent, and production staff.
- Track record of successful media placements and multi-platform media relations campaigns.
- Eager to implement daring and unique pitching.
- Prioritizes collaboration and a team-oriented mentality.
Job ID 9471