DreamWorks Animation is looking for more adventurous dreamers who shoot for the moon. We tell stories about the journeys our unconventional heroes take to make dreams come true. As a growth-minded studio, we pride ourselves on being one of the world’s leading producers of high-quality, award-winning, animated films and series, reaching consumers around the globe. We push to feel more, laugh more, and build immersive new worlds.
DreamWorks creates a diverse array of original content in a variety of formats, delivering compelling stories with unique characters. We place tremendous value on the experiences our talent brings to the table from their own non-traditional paths to success. We believe in frequent communication and that transparency and trust yield the best work. We are a community of artists, technologists, innovators, and creators, who are passionate about animation and also happen to love eating lunch together.
Animators are depended upon to create the highest quality of animation for the film. They are able to handle any variety of shot from action-filled to serious acting in any animation style.
If you are part of the fandom and believe teamwork makes the dream work, join us in #livingthedream and #doingyourdreamwork!
“What would you say you do here?”
- Create memorable acting choices - able to define the characters and offer fresh and original ideas. Develop the emotional content of each scene through strong acting skills.
- Work closely with directing animator and supervising animator to keep characters on model. Set a high quality standard of animation for other animators to follow.
- Ability to take on a range of animation styles
- Able to establish/ create outstanding mechanics
- Consistently finds appealing poses - elevates the quality of any characters’ design or shot
- Test character setups and develop new animation tools.
- Ability to solve technical issues independently and/ or knowledge of when to elevate them
- Strong understanding of the CG animation pipeline
- Strong communication skills - able to anticipate any delays to schedule and communicate those issues as soon as possible.
- Open and responsive to feedback or changes
- Teamwork: Mentoring new animators, sharing suggestions and helpful tips and tricks, seeking out opportunities and efficiencies that drive the department forward.
“What do I need to have in order to do this job?”
- BA or equivalent gained from a combination of skills and knowledge from education, work experience, and/or training
- 2+ years of professional CG experience
- Character Performance experience.
- Willingness to work overtime, and on weekends, when necessary
“What can I offer?”
- Understanding of Rigging
- Drawing skills
- Traditional Animation skills
- Storyboarding skills
Job ID 66103BR