Leads all or aspects of the theatrical post production management function.
- The post production management function plans, provides, manages and tracks all needed services required for a final, edited film including editing, sound and other specialized support.
- Determines post production requirements.
- Matches services with needs and provides post production resources.
- Develops and monitors post production budgets and schedules.
- May prepare proposals.
- Typically provides post production facilities and maintains a pipeline of professional post production resources.
- Meets post-production requirements for multiple productions.
- Builds and maintains relationships with producers, directors and production companies to ensure a steady flow of clients to facilities.
- Partners in determining post-production technical requirements.
- Accountable for the management of all, or a discrete portion, of a function.
- Typically is the second or third level position with shared accountability for the function.
- Or is the top position at the Vice President level with full accountability for the function.
ROLE IN STRATEGY / PLANNING:
- Executes and/or adjusts the approved strategies of the function.
- Sets, approves and adjusts some policies and operating procedures.
- Develops annual plans.
- Obtains and allocates resources to achieve strategic and operating goals.
NEGOTIATIONS / INTERACTIONS:
- Interacts with senior management to keep abreast of plans and strategies impacting area of accountability.
- Interacts with major decision makers to convince and influence business decisions.
- Builds and enhances high level internal and external relationships.
ASSIGNMENT OF WORK:
- Directs subordinate directors accountable for achieving outcomes for the function.
- Ensures that direct reports have appropriate resources to achieve defined objectives.
- Work is reviewed from a mid-term perspective against the function's goals.
- Is a proven leader in setting direction for, and achieving objectives of, a function.
Job ID R10012010