Amazon Studios is looking for a smart, enthusiastic, hard-working, solutions-driven and creative candidate to join the Awards team. The Art Director will be responsible for a high volume of tasks related to designing awards media campaigns for film and series in all cycles of awards (Emmys®, Oscars®, Guild). The candidate will work with creative agencies to lead cross-functional awards media from conception to completion. They will review color proofs, comps, and blue lines to ensure quality of the deliverables.
This person should possess art direction experience in digital, A/V, print, and out-of-home. They should also have experience in photo research and photo direction. Experience in FYC media is a plus.
Key job responsibilities
- Work with senior management and creative agencies to produce impactful, creative media for film and series awards campaigns.
- Drive the creative approach for 360-degree awards campaigns across traditional and digital media.
- Collaborate with the Amazon Awards strategy team to create media that adheres to the roadmap.
- Bring big ideas to the table, especially for print and digital projects.
- Attend and participate in creative and agency kick-off meetings.
- Provide input and ideas into a Creative Brief.
- Ensure that creative agencies are staying on target in terms of aesthetics, timing, and quality.
- Identify and distribute assets needed to complete a project, from photography to key art to title treatments.
- Adhere to brand guidelines.
- Support other creatives in the department by jumping in when necessary.
- Present campaign approaches to senior leadership and follow through when feedback is given.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders
- Experience working at or with a creative or advertising agency, network, streaming service, or studio
- Understanding of the workflow within a marketing, production, or creative department or company
- 3+ years of creative services experience
- Experience art directing all aspects of media including digital, print, and out-of-home
- Experience owning creative input, development and execution from concept to completion
- Experience using Creative Suite
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Experience art directing and guiding multi-media campaigns.
- Excellent sense of design as well as the ability to articulate creative direction to agencies or key stakeholders.
- Comfort with Creative Suite, especially Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Experience working with large cross-functional teams and external partners.
- Have built relationships with vendors including creative and execution agencies, and printers
- Background in entertainment art direction or awards media.
- Ability to think strategically and operationally.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Relentlessly high standards with impeccable attention to detail.
Job ID: 1850751