Discovery Eurosport are looking for a Lead Commentary Coordinator to join their UK Production team. This role will oversee the booking and management of freelance english speaking commentators who work across multiple digital and linear channels. You will work alongside the Head of Commentary and the Commentary & Production Assistant to ensure the smooth day to day running of the department, from sourcing and booking commentators, to organising accommodation, to monitoring on air output and processing of time sheets. This role will require occasional evening and weekend work especially around larger events such as the Olympics.
This is a 6 month postition with immediate start date.
- Managing the Commentary & Production Assistant role, supporting them with their workload, prioritising tasks and helping with more complex jobs
- Mapping & sending out the daily commentary plan
- Booking voice over booths in Mediapulse, taking care to avoid conflicts and allowing for cleaning time between programmes if space is limited
- Keep commentators updated with long term and on the day schedule changes
- Monitor Eurosport output, addressing any problems with commentary promptly
- Overseeing & occasionally assisting the Commentary Assistant with the booking and scheduling of commentators across multiple events
- Ensure all travel and hotel requests are followed up and booked in a timely manner by the Commentary Assistant
- Regular detailed schedule checks to ensure all programmes are covered or have been checked with the scheduling teams based in Paris.
- Work closely with the Head of Commentary to ensure the correct commentators are booked for events
- Looking ahead to larger events such as the Olympics, check office capacity and plan ‘remote’ booths in the office where needed
- Investigate and follow up with any UK commentary discrepancies
- Processing payment for commentators via Fieldglass, Mediapulse or manual PO
- Tracking costs including commentators fees, expenses, travel and accommodation
- Scheduling, booking, and processing payment for the freelance weekend coordinator
- Manage the workload and task list of the weekend coordinator, following up with any issues experienced at weekends
- Alongside the Commentary Assistant:
- Plan office days during the week
- Check commentators arrive on time for their programme
- Make sure commentators are in the booth on time and have sound checked with Paris at least 30 mins before their programme
- Check remote commentators have logged into Iris and have tested pictures and audio at least 30 mins before their programme
- Ensure all office problems are dealt with including:
- Voice over booth & Prep Room PC’s are working
- Printers are working
- Commentary booths are in good working order
- Articulate and clear communicator
- Experience managing junior team members
- Excellent organisational and planning skills, precise attention to detail and methodical approach to work
- Ability to multitask
- Time management - demonstrable ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience in working with Xytech Mediapulse is advantageous.
- Proactive, can-do attitude to work.
- Able to take the initiative and work without supervision.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with staff and freelancers
- Able to work flexibly including covering occasional weekends.
- Experience working in live sport is desirable
Req ID 30672