The Director will develop original programming for Lifetime and LMN movies.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Oversees the movie process from start to finish: idea generation, script development, casting, production, and post. Works closely with the network’s other departments to make sure that the everyone has the information and resources they need.
- Has a strong focus on hiring writers and producers, developing scripts, cultivating and managing talent, and communicating the creative vision for the movie.
- Maintains strong relationships in the creative community to attract original ideas, scripts, and talent.
- Stays on the lookout for potential programming acquisitions and ideas from many sources, options material, pays particular attention to fresh concepts and programming trends.
- Identifies opportunities to create programming that strengthens viewership, enhances the brand, attracts advertisers, and broadens the network’s appeal to a diverse demographic.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
- 2 -5 years of development experience, preferably in features and/or television.
- Candidate will have established relationships with producers, directors, writers, agents, talent, and the creative community in general.
- Strong story development skills, and the ability to create a collaborative environment with producers, writers, and directors.
- Excellent presentation, writing, and communication skills.
- Able to bring in and support diverse points of views, can collaborate across teams and can accommodate different work styles.
Job ID R0005471