Marvel Studios is looking for a Director, Post-Production - Music that will be responsible for the budgeting, accounting and scheduling of all Music Supervisors and Music Editors across Marvel Studios’ full slate of theatrical, streaming and animation.
- Establishes post-production music strategies with composers, creatives, and production staff for features, streaming and animation shows
- Provides guidance on budget estimates from domestic fixers and studios.
- Manages the overall music calendar across all departments inclusive of all necessary dates for both features and shows (scoring dates, final dub, final playback, etc.).
- Provides direction to vendors, US and abroad regarding putting appropriate studio time on hold for scoring and pickups as well as booking sub vendors for applicable dates.
- Negotiates rates with recording facilities, music vendors, and international music contractors.
- Researches and evaluates new recording facilities based on location requirements (i.e. London, New York, Atlanta, South Korea, etc).
- Tracks and manages all recording and scoring costs - including studios, orchestras, soloists, engineers, orchestrators, and additional vendors.
- Reviews and approves costs submitted by music vendors and creatives on behalf of production.
- Manages cue sheets on features and shows by ingest final preliminary cue sheet into Soundmouse, collecting PRO information for source music, and MCU themes used from other films/shows.
- Works closely with the Post-Production department to deliver necessary score materials to Disney and assist in facilitating delivery of score materials for marketing, awards submissions, etc.
- Manages regular meetings with music department staff to discuss all projects and related topics.
- Provides support and assistance to first time Marvel composers with the studio’s process.
- Communicates scoring budget costs to Marvel for approval.
- Responsible for cost analyses to applicable parties throughout duration of project.
- Bachelor`s Degree in a relevant field or equivalent required
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience on high profile feature, streaming, television shows
- Demonstrates strong technical and leadership capabilities
- Experience in leading, mentoring and training teams
- Exceptional organizational skills; understands how to prioritize the necessary tasks and assignments
- Ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas clearly, verbally and in written form
- Ability to take direction positively, work well within a team and thrive under the pressure of tight deadlines
Job ID 891038BR