We are seeking an experienced Transportation Compliance Coordinator to support our Studio Transportation department. Responsibilities include engaging with and navigating regulatory agencies, identifying gaps and weak points in our workflows to improve efficiency, and oversight of DOT Compliance Administrators over multiple productions to monitor regulatory compliance. This position will report to the Studio Transportation Manager in Los Angeles and work closely with the Transportation Supervisor. The Studio Transportation team is responsible for supervising all aspects of production-related transportation for our global original series, films, documentaries, and comedy specials.
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, thorough, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail. This is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires a proactive and positive thinker who is able to exercise good judgment, effective communication, and initiative.
- Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Regulatory Review and Oversight
- Assist the Supervisor in research and application of domestic and international governing regulations and exemptions
- Engage with various Federal, State and Local DOT regulatory agencies.
- Set up/maintain/close Federal and State DOT numbers.
- Set up accounts with Third Party Administrators (TPAs) to manage required driver qualification and drug and alcohol testing.
Production Support and Innovation
- Provide general DOT oversight and necessary training to DOT Administrators, Drivers and Transportation Management to ensure understanding and compliance with applicable regulations.
- Monitor production compliance status and work with DOT Administrators to identify deficiencies and provide additional instruction, insight and support when needed.
- Assist Transportation Supervisor with random auditing of DOT compliance paperwork.
- Respond to Safety Performance History Requests
- Maintain and update transportation manuals and workflow docs.
- Participate in exploring, testing, and piloting new programs and technologies to see how they will affect our industry in an effort to streamline film and television production transportation compliance.
- Physical production experience in film or television is preferred.
- Able to handle a fast paced environment, prioritize tasks and respond to requests accordingly
- General knowledge of US Federal and State motor carrier regulations.
- Knowledge of and interest in International regulations is a plus.
- Able to manage and secure confidential information, and the discretion to employ appropriate control measures to protect privacy.
- Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current regulations both domestically and internationally.
- Proficient in the application and communication of basic data analysis to identify trends and enhance our understanding of transportation related concerns.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- A curious mind with an emphasis on technology and a passion for innovation.