We are looking for passionate people who want to change the world through the art of storytelling. People that are driven to disrupt the status quo and not just looking for another job. We are seeking a Senior Editor to join our growing team!
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a high volume, deadline-driven environment, with strong written & verbal communication skills and experience coordinating a team of supporting editors. This candidate should have strong technical and organizational skills with experienced knowledge of the Adobe suite of products, specifically Premiere, After Effects, and Media Encoder. Sophisticated knowledge of Davinci Resolve, a plus.
- Tell a great story. Develop original and untold stories that inspire, excite, and delight. Great storytelling has the power to not only entertain but to shape culture.
- Embrace our world. Be globally-minded—value inclusivity and diversity, respect the richness of all cultures, and appreciate those who are different from yourself.
- Be constantly curious. Ask questions. Find answers. Always look for opportunities to learn and experience something new.
- Create community through experience. Treat every moment as an opportunity to create meaningful experiences to share. Shared moments build community.
- Own the Outcome. Think and act like an owner. You are entrusted to do what is best for Tastemade and for our community.
What you'll be doing:
- Support immediate team and cross-functional teams with high-level collaboration and excellent communication.
- Review and spot check prepped/edited footage, coaching individual editors, colorists and assistant editors to make improvements and adjustments to the quality and sensibility of their editing on an ongoing basis.
- Assess and resolve technical and creative issues methodically in a timely, scalable manner.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with key stakeholders (Production, producer, director, audio engineer, colorist, graphics team) to ensure successful handoffs throughout the post-production process.
- Research and understand new trends and technologies in the digital video industry.
- Investigate and adopt new video editing and grading techniques, identifying specific processes/technology that can be applied to the post-production editorial workflow.
- Support Content Production as needed
- Establish and promote solid communication throughout the editorial team to encourage development and continuous learning. Be attentive to strengths and weaknesses within the team by developing solutions to reinforce individual skills and editorial techniques.
- Assist in establishing workflows for VOD delivery, content library management and in house finishing.
What you'll bring:
- Must be a collaborator with great communication skills.
- Must be above expert skill level in Davinci Resolve, Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects experience
- Must have basic NLE and computer troubleshooting skills
- Project organization has to be a source of pride and not an afterthought.
- Have a strong understanding of video best-practices: file formats, codecs and their proper handling in a post-production workflow, as well as keep up with software updates and new products available to increase workflow efficiency