FIN Studios is seeking an Executive Producer to manage and help grow our expanding production studio. We are looking for a dynamic, organized, resourceful creative problem solver. This is a job for someone who is ambitious and entrepreneurial and can seamlessly transition between oversight of the day-to-day work, and helping to craft the vision for the future. We are a burgeoning content studio that puts no limits on what we can be and what you might be able to achieve.
We are open to candidates with diverse backgrounds, but experience and a strong understanding of post-production and production workflows and a solid network of resources are a must.
This Executive Producer will combine their production acumen, creative sensibilities, and attention to detail to help ensure that all creative projects are delivered on time, on budget, and up to the highest standards. We are seeking a “renaissance” person, who is knowledgeable about many aspects of creative production and is looking for the opportunity to contribute in all facets of the process across all types of media. They will lead and grow a team of staff and freelance editors, producers, motion design and animation artists, mixers, colorists, finishers, and more, while providing strategic and executional guidance on producing cutting-edge creative work (integrated campaigns, content, digital and social, broadcast and print).
- Oversee the business and logistics of FIN Studios, reporting to Head of Content
- Oversee all post and production workstreams (schedules, bids, budgets, staff plans), incorporating needs and requests of other teams and clients, adjusting production strategies as needed
- Build and maintain effective client relationships, ensuring that all client needs are heard, understood, and addressed in a timely way
- Oversee hiring and resourcing of staff and freelance post producers, editors, assistants, and other artists (including colorists, sound mixers, designers, motion mgfx and vfx)
- Stay current on external up-and-coming and established creative talent, continuing to build relationships and keep post and production rolodex up-to-date
- Maintain appropriate margins and profitability
- Work with Finance to accurately forecast and ensure that all financial reporting is in good order
- Train and mentor a growing team of producers, assistants, and other support staff
- Work with editorial team and IT to ensure that all tech (hardware and software) is up-to-date and functioning properly
- Optimize and develop best practices related to workflow, including any tools for production and financial management
- Stay up-to-date on current projects, foresee project challenges, and provide creative solutions when changes and challenges inevitably arise
- 8+ years of experience in production in a studio and/or agency environment
- 3+ yrs of experience leading and developing teams as Head of Post or EP
- Detailed knowledge of production and post production workflows, including offline editorial, audio and mix design, mgfx, vfx, finishing, and deliveries
- Solid network of production and post production resources and artists
- Expert in creative problem solving
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility and integrity
- Proven success in client communication and delivering excellent clients services
- Able to work independently while communicating with Head of Content, CFO and other key stakeholders
- Highly organized and able to juggle involvement in multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Adobe CS Suite and proficiency in Airtable, Simian, Smartsheet, Advantage, Google Suite are a plus