AMC Networks Photography Director will oversee both existing and newly commissioned photography for scripted, unscripted and co-production shows. Qualified candidates must be passionate about creating amazing photography and excited to use photography to support our content. Candidates must be an expert in Photoshop, be a quick and efficient editor, be extremely detail oriented, possess a wide understanding of digital photography, and fluent in the importance asset management. The photo department is managed by the VP of Photography and produces, edits and manages all still assets for AMC, AMC+, BBCA, IFC, SundanceTV, SundanceNOW, ACORNTV, ALLBLK, and Shudder. We take great pride in our work and quality of photography we produce for our shows.
- Episodic unit photography coverage: read scripts, assign coverage, edit images, EP and talent approvals and input metadata for best placement in press and social platforms.
- Maintain and manage the network’s internal DAM database and archiving system by adhering to digital naming conventions, file management, metadata, and quality control.
- Assign photography coverage of events for press placement and internal use.
- Help maintain quality in all photography retouching to match show and elevate photographic look of assets.
- Retouching of unit photography: removal of BTS gear, color matching to show, selective cropping. Update AMC Press website.
- Upload pre-air and post-air images per show.
- Manage relationships with photographers working in the field, maintain regular communication with them and trouble shoot any on set issues.
- Work closely with the VP of Photography on department organization and workflow Provide photography to all internal teams Suggest new and innovative ways photography can be used at AMC Networks.
- Work closely with social team to provide select images for Instagram takeovers and specific images for talent to post on social media.
- Maintains department organization on Sharepoint and airtable Handle some shoot production and work within budget
- Bachelor’s degree in Photography or related field
- 10+ years of experience in brand, entertainment, or magazine Photo Editing field
- Excellent knowledge of digital photography including Adobe Creative Suite, file processing and digital cameras. Must be able to do retouching on unit photography.
- Strong understanding of Local 600 union rules and working relationships with unit photographers.
- Must have a strong editorial sense and understand the relationship of the photography we produce in the larger world of press, marketing and social.
- Sustained success as a team player
- Ability to handle a high volume of complex projects and tasks for multiple people and departments while maintaining composure and managing competing priorities.
- Must possess solid organization, meeting management, effective time management, and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be hard working, dedicated, and passionate about photography. This is a creative position with strong project management and production needs.
Job ID R-2783