The Production Specialist works with WMHT’s Production Manager to support studio and field production in a variety of roles. Works collaboratively with the Broadcast Engineering team to operate broadcast-related equipment. Helps assess technical quality of video, audio and captions for broadcast - ensuring all WMHT content meets FCC specifications for audio and video. Facilitates the delivery of produced content to Joint Master Control. Has a willingness to participate in any task at any level to ensure work meets the highest standard. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, resourceful, detail oriented, with strong time management and critical thinking skills.
EXAMPLES of RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Achieves and maintains sufficient proficiency to operate broadcast-related
equipment during studio and field productions.
● Shades cameras and operates recorders for studio and remote productions as assigned.
● Operates prompter, graphics equipment, and audio board as needed.
● Acts as gaffer or grip.
● Constructs, sets up, lights, and maintains sets and properties.
● Operates camera and editing equipment as needed.
● QC’s content to ensure video and audio levels meet FCC standards.
● Delivers content to JMCO via FTP
● Helps improve workflow across departments.
● Participates in various training programs as assigned.
● Displays flexibility in work assignments, schedule, and hours.
● Performs related duties as assigned.
● Bachelor’s degree in broadcasting, communications or related field, or equivalent training in production
● Experience as a camera operator and editor preferred
● A demonstrated knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud Suite of tools preferred (Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects, Audition)
● Commitment to the mission and goals of public broadcasting
● Strong commitment to excellence in the finished product; ability to work successfully either independently or as a team member
● Ability to lift and carry equipment up to 25 lbs, frequent reaching, stretching, twisting and bending. Standing for up to two hours at one time and sitting for extended periods
● Ability to maintain a flexible schedule
● Strong communication and interpersonal skills
● Ability to work cooperatively with people at all levels in the organization and clients, to work under pressure of deadlines
● A valid New York State driver’s license and good driving record is required for all WMHT positions
● WMHT requires all employees to receive an FDA authorized and/or approved
COVID-19 vaccination, whether single or two dose regime, as a condition of employment.