The Director of Production for Lifetime is a creative and collaborative thinker and producer who manages the network’s production and post-production of Lifetime Original Movies and Limited Series, reporting to the EVP of Programming. This role is for someone who is a problem solver and can effectively, creatively, and tactically help bring projects from concept through to completion. This person must have experience in all aspects of production including creative and legal.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Director of Production, Lifetime:
- Oversee day-to-day operations, serving as the primary contact through pre-production, production, and post
- Work with Creative, Finance, and Legal teams on establishing key production schedules and workflows and maximizing budget
- Work with film commissions to research possible locations and tax credits, organize travel and logistics for scouts, secure stage space/locations, update production manual standards, monitor contracts and insurance claims, asset management, and oversee vendors
- Help prepare and vet budgets and scheduling, providing feedback internally and externally on viability and risks
- Review creative/scripts and begin defining movie budgets
- Develop and maintain the content security plans and badge systems; own and administer production software, accounts, and systems
- Review cost reports and trackers; Ensure productions run smoothly, meet deadlines and stay within budget
- Assist with the search and hire of key production staff
- Determine key vendors to accommodate creative vision and relationships, tax incentives, budget needs, location issues, etc.
- Oversee all document deliverables; invoice approvals; track payments
- Track movie title clearance and streamline communication of those titles with the proper internal teams
- BA/BS Degree.
- Must have 10+ years’ experience in television production and post, including all creative and business aspects.
- Strong communication and organizational skills are essential.
- Candidate must have the ability to take direction from more than one individual, work independently and manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Must have experience 5+ years overseeing and building a production team, including ability to manage, give direction to and prioritize for a team.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment and maintain strong relationships with internal and external partners and suppliers.
- Passion for TV and pop culture.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a small team.
Job ID R0004705