MGM Studios is seeking a Bilingual (fluent in English and Spanish) Senior Manager of Development, International TV Productions to grow our scripted series content that aligns with MGM's vision. The ideal candidate must have a combination of proven DEVELOPMENT AND PRODUCTION experience, and a strategic mindset for identifying talent and understanding of the scripted television landscape.
- Collaborate with members of MGM's senior executive team
- Generate, solicit, evaluate, and develop ideas/concepts into scripted series
- Responsible for identifying and tracking new, diverse, and interesting voices
- Manage multiple projects at different stages of development, including interacting with writers and agents
- Collaborate with other departments on various issues through development and production
- Builds on existing relationships with local Producers, Agents, Writers and helps identify new projects and talent for consideration
- Spearhead problem solving and crisis management resolution with studio partners and outside producers on all creative development and production issues
- Lead and mentor junior team members
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bilingual (fluent in English and Spanish)
- 3-5 years development experience and knowledge of new and established writers
- Ability to continually generate ideas for scripted TV and develop them to advanced pitch standard
- Proven production experience with a solid understanding of costs, budgets and production schedules, and how they impact creative.
- Aware of current TV trends with the ability to generate ideas for new shows.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, accuracy and organizational skills are of the highest importance
Job ID #532- VAN