Golden Hippo is currently looking for a Story Producer who will be responsible for writing, directing, and producing high-converting short and long-form marketing videos to be used across Facebook, YouTube and Native advertising platforms that sell health, wellness, and beauty products directly to consumers online.
WHAT YOUR DAY WILL LOOK LIKE
- Oversee the creative execution of short-form and long-form marketing videos using a data-driven, test-and-learn approach.
- Conceptualize new storytelling angles.
- Write scripts that combine a variety of storytelling narrative devices including narration, scripted copy, soundbites, video b-roll and graphics.
- Conduct documentary-style, on-camera interviews that elicit pithy compelling responses from brand “gurus” and customers (ie testimonials) and other on-camera talent.
- Work with videographers to gather video assets (i.e. identify needed video cover, set-up locations and direct videographers to shoot b-roll).
- Oversee the creative production of in-studio shoots in collaboration with camera crew and production managers.
- Collaborate with editors from pre-production to delivery, including providing feedback on edits, assist conceiving of graphics and on-screen text.
- Analyze performance data and use data to create incremental video optimizations that scale.
- Available to drive, and occasionally travel, to locations in order to film and gather footage and conduct interviews.
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- 3-5 years’ previous experience in video writing/production is required
- Preferred 5-7 years experience writing to video and film/visual storytelling, such as TV news writer, documentary writer, screenwriter, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Writing, Film, or a related field is preferred
- Exceptional non-fiction writing skills.
- Understanding of video production
- Ability to formulate strategies on how to market health and wellness products in fresh, creative and different ways.
- Understanding of digital mediums.
- A highly creative self-starter who can work both independently and collaborate well with different teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
Req Number: STORY001094