To the Moon Rigging is an entertainment rigging and labor staffing company based in Raleigh/Durham, NC. TTM is a growing local rigging and local provider for the state of North Carolina and a provider of excellent project management and tour production rigging services. To the Moon Rigging is an ETCP Recognized Employer, Contractor, and Labor Provider.
We are looking for various specialist technicians and department heads, including those with experience working in lighting, audio, video, carpentry, general AV, etc. for live events production. These are for various seasonal, at-will part time positions in and around the Raleigh/Durham area of North Carolina, with some travel expected. Work will consist of set up and strike, rehearsal and show run, and construction and planning for corporate live events, concerts, and theater shows.
- Experience working in live events is a must. Must have experiences during load ins/outs and running shows and events with live audiences.
- Experience working in theaters, concert venues, and conference centers is required.
- Must be able to work in and around Raleigh, NC primarily, although there will be travel to other parts of NC as needed.
- Experience operating heavy machinery including AWPs, Forklifts and Boom Lifts are preferred.
- Electrical and/or mechanical experience is preferred. Experience operating boards during shows is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear, and walking for extended lengths of time. This job requires lifting, pushing, pulling, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, moving and carrying items up to 50 pounds (unassisted) and 75 pounds (with assistance). May also be required to use ladders, high scissor lifts, and the operation of equipment such as light trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, boom lifts, or other light power-driven equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The use of walkie-talkies and wearing of earbud communications for long periods during events may also be required.
All qualifying candidates will be contacted from a member of To the Moon Rigging administration. To the Moon will conduct virtual interviews, and all final candidates will be asked to meet for a final interview in a COVID-safe in person interview.'
This Job Is:
• A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
• Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
• Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
• A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
• A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
• A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
• Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
• Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
• Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
• Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
• Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
• High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment