Each Production Executive is assigned film projects and interfaces with filmmakers during the set-up of the production, scheduling and budgeting of the project, oversight of production during filming, wrap of principal photography and beyond. The Production Coordinator provides support on all Searchlight features directly associated with the Production Executive’s office.
Physical production interfaces with many departments in the studio, including but not limited to, Post, VFX, Creative, Music, Labor Relations, Legal, Casting, Clearances, Compliance, Content Security, Finance and Estimating, IT, Risk Management and Insurance, Product Placement, Marketing and Publicity.
- Coordinate meetings and calls, travel, expense reports, and keep production grids and files up-to-date for the Production Executive.
- Act as Production Coordinator on features in early prep, book travel for filmmakers, schedule meetings with potential HODs, research locations and stage availability.
- Manage the processing of start paperwork (deal memos, timecards, purchase orders, check requests, petty cash and other related forms), before the production accountant is hired.
- Oversee projects on Scenechronize, ensure production documents are secure, accurate, and distributed accordingly.
- Provide studio contacts and policies, procedure manuals, and start memos for films supervised by Executive.
- Facilitate communication between production and the various studio departments, and work directly with production to secure day-to-day updates during set-up and production.
- Provide wrap guidelines at the end of principal photography and supervise delivery of production files.
- Liaise with production and the studio on assets (wardrobe, props, etc) during wrap and through distribution of the films.
- Update internal lists & contacts, oversee special projects and duties as required by the department.
- Occasional script analysis required (breakdown sets, cast & location).
- Solid familiarity with Film Production.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel). Scenechronize knowledge a plus. SAP knowledge a plus.
- Computer skills, Mac knowledgeable, familiarity with Production scheduling and Budgeting programs a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, multi-task, meet deadlines, make preliminary decisions and change course of action quickly.
- Detail oriented with the ability to work well under pressure and maintain professionalism and service orientation.
- Strong organizational and follow-thru skills, keeping manager informed on completed tasks and status of current tasks at hand.
- Strong assistant skills a must (phones, calendar, contacts). Ability to resolve routine issues and raise complex issues to management.
- Ability to work with highly confidential material.
- Effective communicator, both verbally and written.
- Ability to be proactive, resourceful and flexible.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimum supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Film Production or equivalent experience.
Job ID R10012205