FX Networks is seeking a multi-genre creative force Editor to execute a wide range of editorial projects, including episodic promotions, program launch campaigns, network marketing reels and ad sales projects. The Editor must possess the skills to take a project from inception through final delivery. This positon requires film, video, audio, and visual effects post production experience as well as strong marketing instincts.
- Working solo or in collaboration with a writer/producer or creative executive, deliver promotional materials that are creative, engaging, effective, on-brand and delivered on deadline.
- Projects include all forms of marketing materials. Specific skills required include: ingesting, script review, brainstorming, editing, selecting, graphics assembly, color correction, music research, sound design, music editing and mixing, sweetening, on-lining and deliver of promotional materials.
- Manage projects from start to finish, including archiving footage, string outs, spots, campaigns and related elements.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with motion graphics and design staff, operations and scheduling, fellow editorial colleagues, and outside resources.
- College graduate preferred. Minimum of 5 years of experience in marketing post production editorial and/or commercial editing.
- Creative and technically skilled with a thorough understanding of network television promotions and editorial procedures.
- Must be savvy in Avid Symphony and related systems, effects plug-ins, digital media routing and storage, audio boards and mixing, decks, scopes, monitors and related editorial equipment. Familiarity with show scripts, dailies and story-based editorial techniques.
- Proficient in applicable software applications: Sapphire effects, EDL Manager, Adobe Photoshop, etc.
- Good verbal, written communication and presentation skills, as well as good interpersonal skills are required. Demonstrated skill in developing and maintaining effective business relationships is necessary.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects, troubleshoot creative challenges and demonstrate strong analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail are required. The ability to multitask and work effectively under changing priorities and daily time constraints is required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Explorer are needed.
Job ID R10012205