The Manager will develop scripted original programming for Lifetime. Work closely with leaders in overseeing all facets of current series and scripted development. Cover current shows and development, read and note scripts, watch dailies and cuts, help drive development, cultivate relationships with writers, producers, and agents, and join pitch/general meetings.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Oversees the movie process from start to finish: idea generation, script development, casting, production, and post. Works closely with the network’s other departments to make sure that the everyone has the information and resources they need.
- Maintains the development reports and prepares agenda’s for both internal and external meetings
- Coordinates with the Director of Production in facilitating payments and PAC process.
- Has a strong focus on hiring writers and producers, developing scripts, cultivating and managing talent, and communicating the creative vision for the movie.
- Cultivates strong relationships in the creative community with younger up and coming talent to attract original ideas, scripts, etc.
- Stays on the lookout for potential programming acquisitions and ideas from many sources, options material, pays particular attention to fresh concepts and programming trends.
- Identifies opportunities to create programming that strengthens viewership, enhances the brand, attracts advertisers, and broadens the network’s appeal to a diverse demographic.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
- 2 years of scripted development experience, preferably in features and/or television.
- Candidate will have established relationships with producers, directors, writers, agents, talent, and the creative community in general.
- Strong story development skills, and the ability to create a collaborative environment with producers, writers, and directors.
- Excellent presentation, writing, and communication skills.
- Able to bring in and support diverse points of views, can collaborate across teams and can accommodate different work styles.
Job ID R0005800