The International Dubbing Production Assistant position is a role that supports the DWA International Dubbing Translations department. This position assists the Translations Dubbing Manager overseeing the localization process for DWA TV in 40+ languages.
If you are part of the fandom and believe teamwork makes the dream work, join us in #livingthedream and #doingyourdreamwork!
“What would you say you do here?”
- Assist Manager in creating and maintaining translation charts (glossaries) to be used for reference by dubbing studios, QC teams, Subtitling and by all involved within departments at both DWA and NBCUniversal.
- Track and accurately organize existing translation material on the shared server and collaboration site for easy access when needed.
- Help to liaise with Trademark/Legal to clear all approved localized main titles for the intended use.
- Under the guidance of the International Dubbing Translations Manger, follow up with all translation queries from dubbing studios and any dubbing contributors.
- Conduct research to resolve the issues and update documentation as necessary.
- Aid with episodic Key Names and Phrases (KNP) creation with dubbing consultant and distribute them to studios for scripts translation.
- Assist Manager liaising with subtitle vendors for translation reference material availability and addressing any related subtitling translation issues.
- Help manager with initiating song translation projects for our TV shows and any other translation project commissioned by NBCUniversal.
- Support processing any translations invoice needs.
“What do I need to have in order to do this job?”
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Experience in localization (dubbing, subtitling, translations, etc) with strong understanding and curiosity about languages preferred
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Adobe and internet software
- Additional Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in Entertainment Industry
- Self-motivated, self-starter
- Ability to multitask and set priorities
- Detailed and organized
- Bilingual/Multilingual language skills strongly preferred
- Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must undergo regular COVID-19 testing if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
Job ID 66899BR