Home Box Office, Inc. seeks a Production Finance Accountant for the HBO General Inc.-West Coast Finance department. Home Box Office Inc. seeks a Production Finance Accountant for the HBO General Inc. - West Coast Finance department. Production Finance Accountant position will support the management of Films and Series projects from prep through delivery including issuance of final cost report and HBO Corporate Finance Reporting.
- This position will interact regularly with freelance production accountants as well as with HBO Corporate Finance.
- Responsibilities include project set-up, overseeing/participating in operational reviews and audits to ensure compliance with the Production Finance Production Accounting Manual, reviewing and analyzing cash flows and funding needs during the course of the show, generating and analyzing monthly corporate financial reporting.
- Additional duties include banking responsibilities, reconciling from the Production Company books to HBO General Ledger, generating and analyzing project costs to date, generating journal entries.
- This position is responsible for supporting and improving related digital accounting systems/processes.
- Special projects include updating the Production Finance Accounting Manual and Sarbanes Oxley quarterly reviews.
- Candidate must be proactive, able to critically think and work independently.
- Proficient with C&C and EP accounting software and other industry standard digital systems.
- Ability to adapt to a digital workspace and train accountants on digital systems and process.
- Must be able to multi-task and work well under deadlines and time constraints.
- Knowledge of various US and foreign tax incentives.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively.
- 2 years production or accounting experience required.
- General understanding of managing, funding and hedging international currency.
Job ID R000050299