The Hair Global Development Team is responsible for Hair Template, Workflow and Tool Ownership across departments and shows. This group establishes consistency, efficiency, ownership, and support in the grooming process.
The Hair Global Lead creates and manages templates, workflows, and tools related to hair and fur grooming. They will drive the vision and direction for hair and fur workflows based on the studio vision and goals and the needs assessed from shows. They will support and empower artists on shows with consulting, support, and development to create an efficient and-to-end hair and fur pipeline.
The Hair Global Lead will work with the shows and other global groups to support the achievement of effective hair assets and character hair and fur asset creation with a specific focus on workflow efficiency and user facing tools. Works in partnership with the Hair Global Developer who focuses on pipeline robustness and efficiency.
- Leads the development of studio hair, fur, and feather templates, workflows, tools, and pipeline.
- Collects and synthesizes artist needs and studio vision for hair workflows into actionable development tasks.
- Implements the needs in design and manages workflows including optimization and deliveries.
- Authors template grooms, hair/fur simulation setups, and/or feather grooms defining best practices and studio standards.
- Communicates between all departments (Modeling, Surfacing, CFX, Rigging, and Lighting) working with hair, fur and feathers.
- Provides the vision, prototypes, or implementations for new toolset designs and development for grooming.
- Supports, advises, educates and mentors artists as needed dealing with hair, fur and/or feathers.
- Advises on and supports show templates, standards and workflows to facilitate grooming tasks from asset creation to shot work.
- Creates and maintains documentation on workflows, process and procedures for hair, fur and feathers related to the show.
- Maintains knowledge of industry-standard trends and technology in the prescribed area(s) of expertise while staying abreast of the current production workflows and tools.
- Collaborates with hair Grooming Leads across shows.
- Emphasis on motion and the requirements for motion in rigging, animation, and CFX.
- Minimum 3 years in Grooming, CFX, Tech-Anim, Surfacing, Rigging, or equivalent area of the industry.
- Experience with grooming workflows in software like Maya, Houdini, Katana.
- Development experience in Python and PyQT creating artist facing tools.
- Strong management and organizational skills.
Additional Job Requirements
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Glendale, CA
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Upon request provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume
- Well versed in hair simulation, grooming creation/technology, workflows, and pipeline.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Fundamental understanding of character process/departments.
- Extensive hands-on hair/fur asset development experience with production tools and pipelines.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to prioritize tasks in a changing environment.
- Technically and creatively astute.
Job ID 66670BR