The Sr. Accountant will be an integral part of the Network accounting and finance team, providing assistance to all members of the team and interacting with all levels of personnel throughout ViacomCBS. They will report directly to the Director, Accounting.
- Preparation of monthly close journal entries, including but not limited to, SG&A departmental accruals/reclasses, intercompany entries, etc.
- Accounting for investments and preparing quarterly reporting summaries
- Managing the Cashbook process, liaising with Treasury, mapping transactions, providing weekly cashbook to Finance, working with tax on cash payments and monthly accounting entries
- Accounting related to the Concur expense reimbursement process, monthly expense chargebacks to other divisions, liability transfers, etc.
- Manage the Network intercompany eliminations process
- Perform general account analysis and reconciliations
- Manage the intercompany relationship with CBS Interactive division
- Update master Chart of Accounts listing for additions/changes
- Analyze current accounting procedures and recommend improvements where necessary
- Act as a backup in a variety of areas and functions
- Preparation of ad hoc analyses required by the Finance team, SOX, internal and external auditors
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance