Flex Type Hybrid - This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures Production and 20th Century Studios
Coordinator, Music Clearance
Position: Assisting the Music Clearance Department in a fast-paced environment responsible for music clearance and licensing of compositions and/or recordings for use in motion pictures, marketing campaigns and ancillary uses across all the different company divisions.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to
- Researching songs/artists to determine ownership of copyrights (publishing/labels)
- Preparing quote requests as well as a high volume of Confirmation Letter Agreements
- Processing check requests
- Answering telephones
- Scheduling meetings and travel arrangements
- Creating song files and handling and staying on top of extensive filing
- Organizing paperwork
- Uploading documents into various databases
- Preparing screen credits and music cue sheets
- Maintaining Music Licensing Reports
- Following up with vendors on W8BEN and W9 forms and assisting with completion so that payment may be processed in a timely manner.
- Willingness to assist others in the department with any general questions or relevant information.
The candidate must be able to promptly access information and be able to communicate well and clearly convey information to other executives and attorneys within the company. The candidate must also be knowledgeable with music research, clearance and licensing and be familiar with film production and marketing deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree minimum
- 1-2 years professional experience
- Basic understanding of music licensing
- Extremely self-motivated, reliable and hardworking, team player
- Good organizational skills due to high volume of paperwork
- Excellent research skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Able to tackle challenging projects and work independently
- Good communicator (written and spoken word)
- Good Interaction with co-workers, clients and licensors
- Excellent computer skills
- Overtime may be required