The Executive Assistant will provide a high-level of administrative assistance to Executives, each on a one-to-one basis, acting as first point of contact and liaising extensively with internal and external stakeholders globally.
- Manage and organize events and meetings, including the booking of venues, travel and accommodation, to ensure effective use of Executives’ time.
- Provides a comprehensive calendar management service for executives, including:
- Managing and scheduling of key calendar appointments ensuring effective management of the Executives’ time
- Coordinating schedule with meeting attendee/s and sending invites as far in advance as possible, and being adept working multiple time zones
- Booking the conference rooms or external locations if necessary
- Setting up the most appropriate means of telecommunications (video or voice conferencing) for a given meeting
- Identifying and arranging necessary travel and transportation
- Ordering any hospitality/food in advance
- Ensuring smooth flow of the Executive’s meeting calendar on a daily basis by making sure the Executive is aware of meeting times and locations in advance.
- Ensuring the Executive is notified when meetings are running long and conflicting with other appointments, notifying meeting attendees know if any delays, and proactively identifying and resolving conflicts
- Prepare and submit invoices, raise purchase orders and process expenses
Scope & Impact
- As team admin, attending project meetings as requested, notetaking and preparing materials, and other project work as needed.
- Create and maintain efficient and effective filing system, ensuring all documentation catalogued and organized using internal systems.
- Frequently liaise with senior level internal and external contacts, screening and prioritizing all forms of incoming communications, dealing with routine issues and coordinating more complex responses ensuring these are delivered in a timely and effective manner.
- An effective communicator with an understanding of the Executive’s role, the EA will act as the first point of contact to the Executive, handling complex and confidential situations and requests.
The Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge of and passion for BBC Studios content
- Impeccable attention to detail and ability to manage multiple stakeholders at once
- Reliable and enthusiastic with proven ability to work in a team environment
Knowledge & Skills
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial mind-set and determined, positive approach to achieve success while remaining calm in a high pressure environment
- Administrative experience, ability to multi-task, working without supervision, ability to prioritize and balance conflicting demands, using own initiative to resolve problems and managing own workload within agreed deadlines.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization and externally.