Provides administrative support to the Co-Chairman, DC-Based Film Production.
- Arranges executive calendar and schedules meetings, independently or as directed.
- Coordinates/arranges domestic & international travel and hotel accommodations for executives, writers, directors, and producers.
- Requests and tracks script coverage for upcoming material.
- Maintains scripts and phone logs, as well as various files, records, indexes, reports, schedules, and matrixes.
- Creates and maintains schedules.
- Coordinates information for writer/director lists.
- Prepares expense reports and travel authorizations and follows through.
- Greets clients, talent, creative staff, and executives.
- Responds to inquiries and performs other job duties.
- Previous assistant experience required
- Previous experience in the entertainment industry working with talent, filmmakers, & agents required.
- Previous experience in development of production at a studio or production company required.
- College Degree preferred
The Nice to Haves
- Typing 40 wpm
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, In Entertainment, PC and MAC.
- Fast notes 40 wpm
- Strong interest in scripts and general film knowledge required.
- Familiarity with agents/agencies, producers and film community in general required.
- Working knowledge of Feature Writers and Directors strongly desired.
- Knowledge of file set-up, maintenance and filing procedures
- Knowledge of basic math, spelling, grammar, punctuation, and English usage
- Knowledge of report, letter, etc. format
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with people on all levels, in person and on the telephone.
- Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail and understand written and oral instructions.
- Must have the ability to organize and schedule work effectively.
- Must have the ability to work well under time constraints.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including overtime, when necessary.