The Senior Supervising Editor is a highly experienced post production professional with extensive technical and creative expertise. This role is responsible for supervising a team of editors and preditors working in Adobe Premiere and Avid to edit and version scripted, non-scripted, factual, reality and live program content for linear broadcast and global distribution. The SSE is also a working position that is assigned daily editing projects.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage a team of Editors and Preditors, recruiting and training new personnel when needed
- Conduct performance reviews, goal setting and ongoing dialogue as required for editorial team.
- Act as a key contributor and subject matter expert in the design and rollout of A+E’s cloud-based editing workflows
- Coordinate with various technical and admin support teams to identify the appropriate editorial resources from your team for upcoming projects.
- Collaborate with Post Production Management to offer insight and ideas for streamlining various edit and output processes and maximizing workflows
- Develop Editing SOPs and Best Practices documentation, and provide training to new and existing team members.
MORE ABOUT YOU:
- 7+ years of experience editing factual and reality content in a production company, cable or network environment
- Supervisory experience of other production/editorial professionals a plus
- Advanced-level proficiency with Adobe Premiere, Avid, After Effects and ProTools
- In-depth understanding of technical deliverable requirements for global and US distribution
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Prior experience with Airtable a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Television Production/Communication or equivalent strongly preferred.
- Bi-lingual, fluent in written and spoken Spanish and English a plus but not required.