This position will handle day-to-day Accounting duties for Sphere Studios and Ventures.
What will you do?
- Prepare detailed, documented, month-end journal entries for review and approval. Reconcile balance sheet with proper support.
- Assist with post close analyses and reports, including preparation of Audit schedules as needed
- Work cross-functionally with Production and Finance to prepare project summaries and review ongoing and forecasted production initiatives to ensure adequate recording and accruals
- Work with Production accountants to accurately record transactions in General Ledger and Subledger systems
- Review fixed assets monthly additions to confirm proper classification, location, and taxability
- Assist local and corporate teams with supporting documentation for preparation of various compliance reporting such as federal and state tax returns, property tax filings, etc.
- Assist in 10-Q and 10-K report inputs and review
What do you need to succeed?
- Organization and time management skills.
- Detail oriented – must have drive and desire to research and resolve variances.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be a self-starter, have a sense of urgency and be a dedicated team player.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and respond accordingly.
- Be creative and innovative to achieve results.
- High level of energy and commitment - must display a positive, confident assertive personality and be able to work on projects until completion.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Strong skills in Excel required.
- Preferred systems experience include Oracle, Coupa, Concur.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
- 4+ years’ experience and a bachelor’s degree required, Finance/Accounting preferred.
- Prior experience with content production helpful
- CPA strongly preferred