The Coordinator, Publicity is responsible for assisting the STARZ Publicity, Awards and Talent Relations team.
- Updates and maintains media lists as well as contact lists for talent, their representation, and vendors.
- Codes invoices and tracks expenditures for budget management, assist in the processing of invoices and budget accruals.
- Supports the publicity team at events such as panels, screenings, festivals and premieres, including: checking in press, managing cars/arrivals and escorting talent on red carpets.
- Responsible for booking travel for series talent and executive producers, including writing detailed travel itineraries, booking cars, flights and hotels.
- Books hair, make-up and styling for talent and maintains the overall glam budget for talent for assigned series.
- Compiles and organizes daily press coverage for assigned series.
- Pull critic’s quotes regularly from press clippings and maintain raves documents for promotional use.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating STARZ’s media room
- Compiles press lists for screener distribution.
- Identify unit photography and scene lifts from assigned shows for publicity use. Responsible for routing and approving assets.
- Read scripts and watches episodes to identify press opportunities
- Coordinates and supports press announcements
- Create and build media lists, identifying new outlets/journalists to pitch.
- Comfortable communicating with high level executives, showrunners, talent, talent representatives, etc. with a professional demeanor.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing, advertising, journalism or related field
- 1-3 years of professional experience at a media company or public relations/marketing agency.
- The ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, perform under pressure and pay close attention to detail.
- A desire to learn and grow within the entertainment publicity field
- Exceptional communication, project management, and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize to ensure that all assignments are completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, has excellent problem-solving skills and remains calm under pressure
- Resourceful and eager to implement new organizational processes for the team
- Ability to pivot quickly
- Knowledge of press outlets, social media platforms and influencers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite, knowledge of AirTable a plus