Netflix is seeking a Manager of Documentary Awards. This Los Angeles-based role will focus on Oscar and Emmy awards campaigns for our documentary features, series, and shorts.
- Experience working on feature film campaigns, including documentaries. Awards campaign experience is a plus.
- Strong media relations expertise across U.S. consumer and awards press.
- Exemplary communication skills and experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Experience in talent and partner relations and ability to effectively communicate strategy and ideas to filmmakers and talent reps.
- The ability to manage external partners like consultants, keeping them focused on our campaigns and playing to their strengths to get the best results
- Comfortable taking initiative and working autonomously to move campaigns and ideas forward.
- Experience working with teams around the world, ideally working in deep partnership on campaigns and narratives for multiple markets around the world.
- Strong ability to prioritize a heavy workload and pivot as needed.
- Focused, motivated, and a capacity to work in a very fast-paced environment.
- Works well with others and complements our small but dynamic team
- Self-starter with exceptional follow-through, organization, and attention to detail.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and can multitask and prioritize a high-volume workload.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Can organize, clarify and communicate complex ideas quickly, succinctly, and accurately.
- Has a quick intelligence, is fast on their feet, and quickly responds to inquiries and questions
- Ideally is a fan of documentaries with strong knowledge of the genre