Responsible for review and preparation of balance sheet and income statement account analysis and monthly journal entries pertaining to AMC National Network entities, including AMC, WEtv, Sundance, IFC, BBCA.
- Preparation of journal entries in conformity with established procedures.
- Prepare and review analysis of various balance sheet and P&L accounts.
- Review disbursements, i.e. vendor payment requests, wires and T&E’s to ensure proper coding, authorization and budgetary approval and adherence to Company policy.
- Review of supporting legal documents, e.g. program agreements, to ensure accounting is correct.
- Preparation of quarterly and annual financial reporting schedules.
- Coordinate preparation of requested data for internal and external auditors.
- Research accounting issues as requested.
- Assist in various other accounting related projects as assigned.
- Special projects as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Required & Preferred)
- Management Skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Advanced accounting and analytical abilities
- Effective project and time management skills
- Ability to work well and excel under tight deadlines and periods of high volume
- Ability to establish effective interdepartmental relations
- Ability to establish relationships with business partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- CPA and Masters strongly preferred
- Minimum 2-3 years accounting experience